I came across with this and decided to acknowledged whatever he has said, first of all, let me state what he said here =P
Top 10 things you probably never hear most Architects Say.
- I’m Really Rich! (This is way t rueee! Architects are not rich, you see big buildings, but it doesn’t belong to them but the developers >< So if you think Architects are noble job, yes but we are ‘humble’ hehe)
- I’m getting way too much sleep! (OMGoodness thanks for pointing this out, how many people have asked me If i ever sleep? =P Along side with all the other crazy activities and my personal development time, well i think i’m a living zombie!)
- Getting that House built is really eassy! (Ya right, spending 3 years of your lifetime monitoring the progress of your project is not easy!)
- I love my job, Everyday. (Owh yes i love it when i think what i’m doing is great, but not with the to do list even in a simple project)
- We can’t build that, that’s wayyy expensive. (This quote belongs to the QS, and as an enemy of QS, Architects we design the best, yet the most expensive! x) )
- I learn everything i needed to know in College. (In Architecture you’ll never learn enough, and professions is at their best at 40s+)
- Imagine your Contractor is not a moron. (Yes screw contractors who don’t understand our language =P )
- My Clients are the best! (No, from the internship i have learnt recently, my client screw me up seriously much without knowing what do architects do. Just because they pay, doesn’t mean they can spam their ideas and suggestion but i thought Architects are the ones to suggest the best option!)
- I don’t have enough Education! (Because Education only brings Architects to ‘that’ much! )
- We are on Budget, and everything is going according to schedule. (No such things as budget for us! )
As an Architecture student, so far after 2 years, and being filled with many activities in out campus, in out countries, or whatever, and having discovered my passion, i can’t stop agreeing with all of the points! Argh! Thanks for saying it out! But there are many reasons again why i want to be an Architect. Because i think they are one of the important professions that could change the world. And inspire many.
Partially of the going green reason too. Often i tell my fellow green friend
“You can save a person at a time to go Green, I think i could help by saving a building at a time!”
And yes here is another video in responds, why you should be an ARchitect. LOL!